A former school principal from Co Donegal has appeared before a court charged with theft from a government department and the school’s board of management.Finbarr Boyle who is originally from Ardara.The charges arise out of a two-year Garda investigation into the thefts of funds allocated to a rural primary school in Co Cavan. Finbarr Boyle (35) is alleged to have stolen €74,321 in cash and cheques worth €10,340 and to have forged a cheque and invoice between November 9, 2009 and February 29, 2012.Mr Boyle, of Annalee Manor, Ballyhaise, Co Cavan, but who is originally from Ardara appeared before Cavan District Court where he was remanded on bail to appear again on May 25.The accused was the principal of Kilnaleck National School in Co Cavan until just under two years ago.He faces five separate counts of stealing a total of €73,320 from the Department of Social Protection between November 9, 2009 and February 3, 2011.He is further charged with four counts of theft of €1,001 and cheques totalling €10,340, the property of the board of management of Kilnaleck National School, between November 3, 2008 and April 7, 2009.Mr Boyle is also charged with two counts of forgery, namely making a false invoice for food in the name of Sharpmount Limited, Moynehall, Co Cavan, and making a false Ulster Bank cheque.Sgt Michael Fitzpatrick from Kilnaleck Garda Station told the court he arrested Mr Boyle by arrangement.He said Mr Boyle made no reply when the charges were put to him.FORMER DONEGAL SCHOOL PRINCIPAL APPEARS IN COURT ON €74,321 THEFT CHARGES was last modified: March 10th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:ArdaradonegalFinbarr Boyleschool principaltheft
New Delhi: Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has approved the first batch of reforms in the Army including relocation of 206 officers from the Army headquarters, setting up of a separate vigilance cell and forming an umbrella organisation to focus on human rights issues.Last year, the Army, based on 12 independent studies, finalised a reform roadmap to make the 1.3 million-strong force leaner and meaner as well as to enhance its combat capabilities. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM'”The defence minister has approved certain decisions regarding re-organisation of Army headquarters,” the defence ministry said. It said 206 Army officers are being relocated from the Army headquarters and they will be be made available to various field formations and units. The officers to be relocated include three major generals, eight brigadiers, nine colonel and 186 Lt Colonel/Major. Another key approval given by Singh is to set up a separate vigilance cell under the Army Chief with tri-services representation. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&KPresently, the vigilance department operates through multiple agencies and there is no single point interface. “An independent vigilance cell will be made functional under Chief of Army Staff (COAS). Accordingly, Additional Director General (vigilance) will be placed directly under the COAS for it,” the ministry said. The vigilance cell will have three Colonel-level officers, one each from Army, Indian Air Force and Navy. According to officials, the umbrella organisation for human rights issues will operate under the Vice Chief of Army Staff (VCOAS). Officials said it is being set up to accord high priority to human rights convention and values. “It has been decided to set up a special human rights section headed by ADG (Major General rank officer) directly under the VCOAS,” the ministry said. The organisation will be nodal point to examine any reports of violation of human rights. “To enhance transparency and ensure the best of investigative expertise is available to the section, a Police officer of SSP/SP rank will be taken on deputation,” said the defence ministry. The reform initiatives were finalised by top commanders of the Army in October last year to usher in transformative reforms in the force. The reforms will also include restructuring the Army’s officer cadre, bringing down age of key commands, arresting rising revenue expenditure and “right-sizing” the force.
News Release and Photo Credit: TCIG Press office#MagneticNewsMedia Related Items:#MagneticNewsMedia Nearly 30 Haitians caught following illegal landing in Nassau, says Defence Force Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, January 24, 2017 – Armed with facts, figures and well sharpened perspectives, battle ready is the most fitting description for the students who participated in the 19th annual HIV/AIDS debate. The moot this year “Be it resolved, societal awareness of HIV/AIDS is enough to guarantee zero new infections and deaths, fight stigma and empower people” was debated in an upbeat exciting and highly charged manner.High schools participating this year were TCIPS, Elite High, Marjorie Basden High, Long Bay High, HJ Robinson High, Raymond Gardiner High, Wesley Methodist High and Clement Howell High. There were 2 new schools joining the debate for the first time Elite High and Long Bay High.The Hon. Josephine Connolly stated during her remarks; “Despite the significant strides that have been made over the years by our government’s Health Promotion and Advocacy Unit, we recognize that stigma and discrimination continues to adversely affect HIV testing.” She then asked; “Do you remember the early days of the AIDS epidemic and the devastation of those deaths, the sorrow, the loss? Today, that picture is transformed. Thanks to the courage and love of so many of you in this room and around the world, awareness has soared; research has surged. Prevention, treatment and care are now saving millions of lives. Getting to zero is a worthy goal and we as a country need to make sure no-one is left behind.”The Hon. Minister of Health, Agriculture and Human Services Edwin Astwood made mention of his love for debates and the skills demonstrated by the body of students who took part in the day’s competition. High in commendation for the level of preparation displayed by participants, he also made mention of the ability of the students to develop their points with pinpoint accuracy like the gladiators of old to best their opponents.The Minister mentioned that as a health professional he was particularly impressed with the standards set by the students in not only their delivery, but also in the construction of their arguments and efficient use of content.In closing the Minister of Health Agriculture and Human Services stated; “Addressing stigma and discrimination at all levels is a priority within the Ministry of Health, Agriculture and Human Services. This includes continuous training of health care workers; improving workplace policies; sensitizing school staff and students; promoting education and training programmes on sexuality, gender equality and anti-bullying; advocating for law reform.”First place went to Clement Howell High while Raymond Gardiner came in second with Long Bay High directly on their heels in third place. The quality of the debate was evident in the close scores among the victors of the competition. Best female speaker Jameika Noel of Clement Howell High and best male speaker Joshua Maghoo of Raymond Gardiner High schools.Mrs. Robinson expressed how pleased she was with the level of debating skills of students and that there has been significant improvement over the years. She also looks forward to seeing more high schools participate in the next debate. She congratulated all debaters and debating teams stating; “Although there can only be one winner in a competition, each student was a winner in their own right.”The Ministry of Health, Agriculture and Human Services wishes to say thanks to the hard working students, head teachers, teachers, parents and guardians, judges, RTC and Beaches Resort and Spa for making the 19th Annual HIV/AIDS debate a success. Recommended for you Bahamas Police Commissioner Greenslade gone to UK, appointed as High Commissioner TCI Premier blasts Opposition side for “slop” information, sets it straight in HOA Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) — Nine-hundred thousand signatures have been collected to roll back the gas and car tax, and a third of those signatures came from San Diego County.This is nearly double the number of signatures needed, so it’s likely this will go to the voters in November once the signatures are verified.The tax increases 12-cents on a gallon of gas, and up $175 for car registration, were passed last year by a supermajority of Democrats and Governor Jerry Brown.The backlash was immediate.Sensing voter outrage, Carl DeMaio of Reform California, led the signature drive saying increasing taxes without a vote of the people was shameful. He quoted the governor as promising no tax increases without a vote of the people.“Sacramento politicians should have followed the California constitution and Governor Brown should have kept his word,” DeMaio said.So now, the citizens will attempt to amend the constitution to roll back these increases and prevent any future increases without a vote.“That outpouring of voter disgust with the car and gas tax hikes should be a message that Sacramento politicians should hear, loud and clear, don’t spend that money, cause that money ain’t yours,” DeMaio said.Reform California sees this as a money grab at a time when the state’s revenue projections are $9 billion above last year, but as in the past, the gas tax money got siphoned away from roads.“Every time we’ve given them the gas tax in the past they’ve stolen the money, they diverted the money to everything but the roads,” DeMaio said.An American Society of Civil Engineers report said half of the roads in California are in poor condition.“Why is it that state’s with snow, ice, sleet conditions far worse than ours, why do they have better roads than we do in California? DeMaio said.These signatures will go to state elections officials on Friday to verify there are 584,000 valid signatures to qualify for the November ballot.This is phase two of the repeal effort.Phase one was the recall of Senator Josh Newman of Fullerton, who cast the deciding vote on the tax increases. The signature drive to remove him from office was certified for the June Primary ballot.DeMaio said this will send a message that tax voters have consequences and recalling Newman will break the Democrats supermajority.“By taking away the supermajority vote, that one vote, it really eliminates their ability to enact tax increases without a vote of the people,” DeMaio said.These are two separate ballot measures and neither is dependent on the other. However, both would prevent tax increases without a public vote. April 25, 2018 Steve Bosh, Updated: 6:40 PM Posted: April 25, 2018 Steve Bosh Rolling back the gas and car tax Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
Categories: Good Morning San Diego, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter March 26, 2019 KUSI Newsroom, KUSI Newsroom 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The Assistance League of Greater San Diego is hosting a grand re-opening of their thrift shop.The event will be on March 29th at 11:30 a.m. at 108 University Avenue.The Assistance League of Greater San Diego said every penny from thrift shop goes to operation school bell which helps school children with clothes and supplies. Assistance League of Greater San Diego Thrift Shop reopens Posted: March 26, 2019